Friday 16 August 2013

Fall 2013


Summer is drawing to a close here in England and while I will miss cycling on warm afternoons and relaxing in the park, I am looking forward to the amber and russet leaves floating down from the trees as the evenings get darker. Snuggling under a blanket and watching Netflix on rainy afternoons is a comfort that just isn't the same at any other time of year. Not to mention Halloween, bonfire night and Christmas, autumn winter is undoubtedly my favourite time of year.

A new season calls for a new wardrobe and I am feeling a style overhaul brewing. I am looking into building my collection of basics to layer with fine knits and adding more boots to my ever-expanding shoe collection. My colour palette will be a mixture of black, neutrals and deep jewel tones. I have been liking more western styles lately like these gorgeous buckled ankle boots from Miss Selfridge which would look amazing paired with coated skinny jeans. I plan on layering lots of silver and gunmetal jewellery and who knows I may even be brave enough to pull off a hat? We shall see...

Winter is the season for vampy, dramatic make-up so I am in my element as I really get to experiment with different looks. I am excited to wear rich opulent tones on the eyes with deep, berry-stained lips. An inky black lash line is another of my favourite looks to wear in fall as it really makes the eye colour pop.

It is truly a season of change in all respects as I am also starting 6th form this september which is both exciting and scary at the same time, however I look forward to the challenge and a change of scene. Bring on Fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment